Vancouver Island School of Art
302-733 Johnson St, Victoria, BC V8W 3C7 250-380-3500 email@example.com
Supply List - Collage: Paper as Paint
- Vogue Magazine (any issue): Vogue is ideal due to the high quality of images and designs (a second choice would be any fashion magazine)*
- at least two large (21 g) high quality glue sticks (such as UHU permanent)
- package of coloured cardstock such as Bright Essentials 8.5" x 11" Cardstock Paper by Recollections®, 200 Sheets, $14.99 (available at Michaels or Staples); any package of coloured cardstock 8.5 x 11” will suffice
- pad of coloured construction paper (such as Crayola); construction paper is low quality but the more faded colours and rougher texture can work well to offset the bright cardstock
- additional surfaces to work on: cereal boxes, cardboard boxes, mat boards, etc. (we will be using the coloured cardstock as surface as well as for collage but I encourage you to look around for other suitable “found” surfaces)
- scissors (small embroidery scissors and larger shears)
- x-acto knife and cutting board (optional)
- collage papers (optional): any papers or magazines, books or calendars you might have around that could be used.
*VISA has some magazines available for your use
If you have questions about the supply list email firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Supplies can be purchased in downtown Victoria at: Art World (860 Yates St), Island Blue (905 Fort St) or Opus (512 Herald St).
Some of the local Art stores offer a student discount or PST exemption:
1. Let them know at the cash that you are a student at VISA
2. Show proof of registration or payment (your Registration Receipt email from VISA).