Vancouver Island School of Art
302-733 Johnson St, Victoria, BC V8W 3C7 250-380-3500 email@example.com
Supply List - Drawing: Exploration of Materials
- Drawing pencils set of 6 (8B-2H range)
- Pitt drawing pen set of 4 pens with one brush tip (black) (or equivalent set)
- Erasers, kneaded and white/black (Sumo brand recommended)
- Conte sticks (2 black, 2 white) (additional colours / qty. optional)
- Set of compressed charcoal
- Set of assorted sizes vine (willow) charcoal
- Blender stick (optional)
- Permanent markers two sizes (fne and chisel)
- Chunghwa (or India) ink and brushes
- Chalk and oil pastels (assorted set or individual colours based on your personal choice)
- X-ACTO (precision carving craft knife stainless steel) knife with extra blades
- Snap-blade knife
- Glue sticks
- Metal ruler
- 9 x 12” Hard bound sketchbook (or coiled)
- Assorted sheets of paper for dry and wet mediums - various sizes, thicknesses, hot / cold press
- Newsprint paper pad / cartridge paper pad
- Plastic toolbox or small luggage case for material storage & transport (optional)
Additional unconventional drawing materials will be discussed after the first class (dependent on students’ personal preference / chosen direction for assignments).
Supplies can be purchased in downtown Victoria at: Art World (860 Yates St), Island Blue (905 Fort St) or Opus (512 Herald St).
Local art supply stores have varying discount options for students. Monks and Opus offer membership programs for discounts. Check stores’ websites for details.