Vancouver Island School of Art
302-733 Johnson St, Victoria, BC V8W 3C7 250-380-3500 email@example.com
Supply List - Image Transfer
- B&W or colour toner based photocopies, preferably high contrast images such as line drawings, book illustrations, vintage line artwork, contrasty photos (get done at Staples or Monks) *****IMPORTANT-DO NOT USE INKJET IMAGES! THEY WILL NOT WORK
- mixed media sketchbook -9"x12" (aprox) or 1 sheet Stonehenge paper 22"x30" cut into quarters
- package of 3 5"x7" Ampersand Aquaboard (available at Opus)
- several small images on an 8.5"x11" sheet of plain photocopy paper; several of your images should be no wider than 2"
- tubes of acrylic paint a darker colour such as: Burnt Umber, Payne’s grey, Prussian Blue, Hooker’s Green, Black
- medium container of Acrylic Matte GEL Medium
- 2" hogs hair brush or pastry brush (Dollar store brand recommended)
- plastic palette knife
- bone folder (book binding tool) or old dessert spoon
- old credit card or plastic squeegee
- roll of clear packing tape
- water container (eg. large yogurt container)
- water spritzer bottle
- roll of White Reynolds Freezer paper
- hair dryer (optional)
- notebook and pen to take notes
- source out flat texture objects and surfaces such as bamboo mats, sink-stoppers from the dollar store, textured plastic mats, stencils, paper doilies, corrugated cardboard that has been ripped open, leaves, wooden planks (anything that has a reasonably flat surface but has a distinctive texture or pattern)
Note: Supplies can be purchased in downtown Victoria at: Art World (860 Yates St), Island Blue (905 Fort St) or Opus (512 Herald St).
Some of the local Art stores offer a student discount or PST exemption:
1. Let them know at the cash that you are a student at VISA
2. Show proof of registration or payment (your Registration Receipt email from VISA).