Vancouver Island School of Art
302-733 Johnson St, Victoria, BC V8W 3C7 250-380-3500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply List - Paint Like an Artist I
bring the usual materials you use to paint with, the items listed below are just suggestions
- paints (oil, acrylics, watercolour or gouache) in a range of colours -including warm and cool yellow, warm and cool red, warm and cool blue, at least 2 greens, one orange, one violet and large tube of white (for oil or acrylic)
- matte medium (acrylic), odourless mineral spirits and walnut or linseed oil for oils
- variety of brushes
- surfaces to paint on (canvas, panel or paper, depending on paint choice)
- you will need at least six surfaces for course
- sketchbook, pencil, eraser
Note: Supplies can be purchased in downtown Victoria at: Art World (860 Yates St), Island Blue (905 Fort St) or Opus (512 Herald St).
Some of the local Art stores offer a student discount or PST exemption:
1. Let them know at the cash that you are a student at VISA
2. Show proof of registration or payment (your Registration Receipt email from VISA).