Vancouver Island School of Art
302-733 Johnson St, Victoria, BC V8W 3C7 250-380-3500 firstname.lastname@example.org
Supply List - Painting: The Basics
- variety of acrylic painting brushes (flat, round, filbert and a detail brush – recommend Opus Legato Acrylic Brush Set Assorted - need a flat #8 or larger)
- variety of acrylic paints (must have a red, blue, yellow, white and black - recommend Opus Essential Acrylics 60 ml tubes: cadmium red medium, phthalo blue green shade, hansa yellow medium, titanium white and lamp black)
- stretched and gessoed canvas or other primed painting surfaces (around 11" x 14")
- heavy weight paper (recommend Canson XL Watercolor Pad Size: 9" x 12")
- sketchbook (or loose-leaf paper)
- pencil and eraser
- water jar
- rag/paper towel
Note: Supplies can be purchased in downtown Victoria at: Art World (860 Yates St), Island Blue (905 Fort St) or Opus (512 Herald St).
Some of the local Art stores offer a student discount or PST exemption:
1. Let them know at the cash that you are a student at VISA
2. Show proof of registration or payment (your Registration Receipt email from VISA).