Vancouver Island School of Art
302-733 Johnson St, Victoria, BC V8W 3C7 250-380-3500 email@example.com
Supply List - Painting the Everyday with Gouache
- gouache paint: titanium white (large tube), ivory black, red, blue, yellow, orange, green and violet (M. Graham or Winsor & Newton Designer Colours are the preferred brands); ideally get two versions of each of the primaries (2 reds, 2 yellows and 2 blues but if you are on a budget one will be fine)
- watercolour brushes synthetic sable (round): no. 12 and no. 4
- palette for mixing paint: white plastic palette for watercolour, white ceramic plates or white lids from yogurt containers or a combination (or your preferred surface/method for mixing gouache paints)
- watercolour paper pad 9 x 12” (ideally Arches 100% cotton, cold press but if this is too expensive any 9 x 12” watercolour pad)
- Strathmore black watercolour paper: 9 x 12” pad (if you are on a budget black cardstock will do 8.5 x 11”)
- any other drawing or watercolour paper you have on hand
- sketchbook or loose paper 8.5 x 11” for notes and sketching
- spray bottle and eye dropper
Gouache paintings: please note we are using regular gouache for this course and not “acrylic gouache”.
Email if you have any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Supplies can be purchased in downtown Victoria at: Art World (860 Yates St), Island Blue (905 Fort St) or Opus (512 Herald St).
Some of the local Art stores offer a student discount or PST exemption:
1. Let them know at the cash that you are a student at VISA
2. Show proof of registration or payment (your Registration Receipt email from VISA).