Vancouver Island School of Art
302-733 Johnson St, Victoria, BC V8W 3C7 250-380-3500 email@example.com
Supply List - Understanding Colour I
- ivory black (acrylic, watercolour or gouache)
- large tube of titanium white (acrylic or gouache), chinese white (watercolour)
- brushes: Acrylic: a variety of round and flat or “bright” soft synthetic brushes (Taklon or similar works fine). Watercolour and Gouache: A variety of watercolour brushes (whatever you have, a wash brush and good quality round #10 or #12 recommended).
- empty plastic containers
For acrylic only:
- gloss medium - 8 or 16 oz for acrylic
- palette knife(s) (metal is preferred)
- pad of disposable palette sheets
- pad of watercolour paper, 9”x12” (if using watercolour or gouache)
- canvas pad, 9”x12” (if using acrylic or oil)
- 20 or more card stock sheets (8.5”x11”)
- magazines (or other black and white images found online) : look for lots of interesting black and white photos.
- glue stick
- 3" or 4" binder and ready index divider tabs: https://commercial.monk.ca/office-products/binders-accessories/index-dividers/ave11842-ready-index-dividers-1-10-tabs
Additional Colours (acrylic, watercolour or gouache):
- cadmium red medium (genuine not hue)
- alizarin crimson (hue is better) or quinacridone red
- ultramarine blue or French ultramarine (NOT green shade)
- phthalo blue (green shade)
- cobalt blue (genuine)
- hansa or lemon yellow
- cadmium yellow medium (genuine not hue)
- dioxazine violet
- cadmium orange (genuine) or vat orange
- phthalo green (this could be regular, yellow shade or blue shade)
Supplies can be purchased in downtown Victoria at: Art World (860 Yates St), Island Blue (905 Fort St) or Opus (512 Herald St).
Some of the local Art stores offer a student discount or PST exemption:
1. Let them know at the cash that you are a student at VISA
2. Show proof of registration or payment (your Registration Receipt email from VISA).